Virtual Simulation is the use of simulation to immerse a person in a 3D synthetic environment to engage in learning experiences. The principle of virtual simulation is to use first-person interactive scenarios and environments that reflect real-life situations to train, experiment, and study.
If you’re new to simulation, this document is a great way to get up to speed and to help you keep up with the experts around you. If you’re a 25-year veteran in the Modeling & Simulation industry, We think you’ll find ways to take your simulations to the next level. We hope you'll use it as a reference when having conversations about your projects, when planning new projects, and when specifying projects for others.
Download the guide and discover:
- The value of sight, sound and touch in your user interface.
- Cost versus fidelity trade-offs between effects-based modeling and physics-based modeling.
- How the image generator works with the ownship simulation to create an immersive environment.
- How to tell which terrain database characteristics add value to the simulation.
- A really clear explanation of how optical sensors work.
- How standards work to connect simulators into small and large networks.
...and so much more.
If you aren't tech-savvy when you begin, you will be by the time you finish. Ready to go along for the ride?